Get to know the Moons, founders of DC Vegan Catering!
1. What is the mission of your company?
Our mission is to provide healthy, great-tasting, accessible, plant-based cuisine for distribution, meetings, conferences and events throughout the DC Metro region.
2. What is your company's origin story?
DC Vegan Catering is the sister company of Cleveland Vegan Catering. Together we are going to change the world — one meal at a time.
3. What is one of your favorite projects you've ever worked on?
Leah Curran Moon (co-owner/life partner) and I (Michael Moon) attempted to break the world record for the most back up dancers in their underwear in 2014. It was a huge endeavor — a video, a world record attempt and a flash mob style dance with over 200 dancers! After that, we felt pretty certain that we could manage any event!
4. How are you a "wedding space disrupter"?
We like to say that DCVC makes great tasting food that even your Midwestern uncle will love. That alone can really throw people for a loop.
5. What three ingredients are necessary for a great day at your company?
A passion for plant-based cuisine, a knack for excellence and a sense of humor.
6. What kind of couple makes an ideal client for your company?
The ideal clients are adventurous, authentic and have a beach house in Mau i:)